Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Becoming Jane

Becoming Jane Starring: Anne Hathaway, James McAvoy, Maggie Smith


The film is about the early life of one of my favourite authors, Jane Austen! It's based mainly on her biographies and letters to her sister. The gorgeous Anne Hathaway plays Austen, and personally I'm glad that she will be playing a real legendary figure rather than her well-known fairytale princess-y characters as seen on The Princess Diaries movies and Ella Enchanted. My only hope is that the American actress will be convincing enough to play the famous English writer. *prays*

I'm looking forward to see the costumes =D I so love the late Georgian and Regency styles. They will be designed by Ms. Eimer Ni Mhaoldomhnaigh. I particularly have my eyes on this pale green dress.


Cantik kan???

Some people have questioned the historical accuracy of the film, though - one of the promotional posters shows Jane holding a fountain pen which was first invented in the 1850s (yes, I did my homework) when Jane had already passed away about 40 years before. Hm...

Oh well, I just hope that this one is worth watching. I have a feeling I'm going to love this one. Sigh..me and my historical romance.

2 comments:

Alia said...

Oh, I've watched this one. Very nice, tapi sangat sedih endingnya!!

Very literary with a lot of ye olde english. I'm sure you'll love it :)

Aliya said...

Yay! =D ada good review confident sket nak tengok =p